Television Broadcasts Over the Internet – IPTV, OTT
The Next Generation of Content Management and Enrichment
Nextcom Group offers campuses (business complexes, academic institutions, hotels, health facilities, places of education and more) a variety of comprehensive solutions for managing and enriching content through digital television – Internet Protocol Television or IPTV. IPTV systems provide a slew of benefits, for which these systems are now in high demand by telephone companies, who are losing market share to internet services and cable companies, who, on their part, have begun offering Internet-based phone services.
Advantages of Nextcom IPTV Systems:
• Does not require setting up a designated network – information is transmitted over the Internet
• Fully interactive system
• Allows clients to embed advertisements based on geographic segmentation
• Offers an array of advanced services, such as VOD, time shifting and more.
Nextcom, a World of IPTV Solutions
• Our IPTV system enables our clients to provide digital television services to registered customers using the IP protocol over broadband infrastructure, encoded in MPEG2 and similar encodings, and compliant with broadcast standards such as DVB.
• The system is comprised of the most progressive equipment in the field: DVB server, VOD server, a complete software layer for IP interfaces, billing system interfaces and other modules. In addition, Nextcom IPTV offers comprehensive solutions built to customer specifications and development of bespoke applications per customer request.
Nextcom IPTV - Full Compliance with Israeli Communications Standards
Nextcom IPTV – Infinite Content Possibilities
• Nextcom's IPTV system transmits SD and HD signals using the Multicast over IP protocol, suitable (amongst others) for campuses with with just a few reviewing units through to campuses with over 5000 units viewed simultaneously.
• Signals and content originate from different sources, per customer requirements (examples in the following bullets refer to Israeli providers):
• Cable networks (DVB-C) – such as HOT
• Satellite broadcasts (DVB-S) – such as YES
• Land-based networks (DVB-T) – such as Idan+
• Digital radio networks (DAB) in Israel and around the world
• Internet – live Internet channels.
Nextcom IPTV – Flexibility Above All
• Our IPTV management system allows our customers to stream free or paid content.
• The IPTV system supports streaming of pay-per-view channels such as sports channels during game time, or viewing a channel while connected to its website .
• Nextcom's IPTV system makes it possible to provide NVOD services, as well as the option to rewind to the beginning of a live show already in progress.
• With our IPTV system, end users can, on-demand, record programs broadcast up to one week into the future, in accordance with the content listed in the digital programming guide (EPG or Electronic Program Guide). Individual customers may view the recorded programs at any time, independent of other users.
• Nextcom's IPTV system supplies interfaces that comply with the FIAS standard and are able to receive information from billing systems regarding existing customers.
• Nextcom's IPTV system is capable of processing Point of Sale transactions, thus allowing our clients to offer, directly on screen, items for sale dependent only on customer preferences. Products such as food products, consumer goods, experiential and entertainment packages, and other services may be presented and offered for sale.
Nextcom Android-based IPTV
We have also developed an Android version of our IPTV system that affords maximum flexibility in writing user interfaces and software interfaces to third-party systems. Here are a few examples of such interfaces:
• A smartphone interface for hotel related actions, such as opening a room door
• An interface for opening a central parking gate and more
• An interface for housekeeping staff to mark when they have finished cleaning a hotel room
• And interface for requesting additional towels or bedding
Nextcom IPTV, Easy to Maintain
Nextcom IPTV installations are done using auto-provisioning technology, such that failures in end units do not necessitate any changes to the system's settings. Campus management need only replace faulty end units, and the system will autonomously learn the settings and services relevant to each and every customer.
Move on to Nextcom’s IPTV system! For additional information and a commitment free consultation, please contact us
Moshe Hazan, Integration Department Manager - 0528663314